Cap de Creus (half-day)
Departure/Arrival: Portlligat (Cadaqués)
This is a return route from Portlligat to Cala Bona. The route follows the so-called Mar d’Avall, a wild and inhospitable area peppered with exceptional nooks and crannies and coves. It includes a stop en route for a rest and to do some snorkelling (the snorkelling equipment is included).
Special nooks and coves
- Platja de s’Alqueria
- Cap d’en Roig
- Es Jonquet
- Badia de Guillola
- Racó de l’Home
- Punta des Pi
- Platja de Guillola
- Punta d’en Cudera
- Cala Seca
- Cala Bona
Price per person
50€ (VAT included)
Two guides-instructors, support vessel, touring kayak, paddle, jacket and snack.
There are two different “shifts”:
Morning: from 9 am to 1 pm
Afternoon: from 3 pm to 7 pm
*minimum age required 13 years and height of 145 cm
Technical data sheet
Excursion suitable for beginners.
We will be using individual touring kayaks or, optionally, double kayaks, which should be requested when the booking is made.
Duration: Half day
Distance in Km: 6.5
Nautical miles: 3.5
Time: 3.5 h
What do you need to bring?
Personal material required:
- Bathing costume
- Sun screen cream and cap
- T-shirt that can get wet
- Sunglasses with a fastening device
- Footwear suitable for water activities (that attach to your foot, such as sandals, pumps or old footwear)
- Drink to keep you hydrated (we recommend you take more water besides that which is provided in the snack)
- Change of clothes for after the activity
Hiring of the activity and Cancellation Policy
Conditions and requirements
- You must know how to swim.
- Minimum age 13 years and height 145 cm (for touring kayak excursions)
- Contact Kayaking Costa Brava first to find out the minimum age for excursions in sit-on-top kayaks.
- Weight below 120 kg; height below 2m (contact the centre if your weight and/or height is the same as or greater than those indicated).
- Minors must be accompanied by a responsible person.
- Inform Kayaking Costa Brava in advance if you have any disability, dysfunction or condition and/or any type of allergy or condition that should be taken into account to do the activity, as well as if you are pregnant, before you sign up for any activity.
- The use of life-jackets (provided by Kayaking Costa Brava) is compulsory.
- You will need to bring all the necessary personal equipment required by Kayaking Costa Brava.
- Follow the instructions of the experts/instructors at all times, both during the actual activity and in the use of technical material.
- Advance booking necessary. In order to confirm a booking, the client must make a down payment or else 100% of the total amount of the activity depending on the number of participants and type of activity.
- The client is responsible for travel arrangements to the departure point.
- Our activities are subject to weather conditions and to sea conditions, which means that last-minute changes may have to be made, such as changes in the point of departure for the activity or total cancellation. Kayaking Costa Brava always informs customers of any such changes in advance, either by telephone, email or a text message/voice-mail in order to secure their consent. For this reason you advised to check for mobile or email messages informing of changes; Kayaking Costa Brava cannot be held responsible for unnecessary client travel on account of not being aware of any changes.
You are advised not to bring valuable belongings to beaches (both for the rental service and for guided excursions). Kayaking Costa Brava does not have a suitable structure for the safekeeping of personal belongings and therefore cannot be held responsible for any possible loss or damage of personal material left for safekeeping.
HIRING OF THE ACTIVITY AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Rates/prices are per person (except the customised rates for groups) and include VAT. This includes the necessary technical and safety equipment: kayak, jacket, paddle and helmet (the latter if the excursion so requires), two qualified guides and a safety vessel. Any other services (accommodation, transport…) are the client’s responsibility, although they can sometimes be arranged by Kayaking Costa Brava.
- Advance booking necessary.
- On confirming the booking, the client must make a down payment or else 100% of the total amount of the activity depending on the number of participants and type of activity.
- Our activities are subject to weather conditions and to sea conditions. This means that Kayaking Costa Brava may have to change or cancel the activity, even on the actual day for which it is scheduled; in this case, the client will be entitled to a postponement of the activity or to a full refund.
- If the client cancels or changes, the following penalty criteria will be applied:
- 25% of the total amount of the booking for cancellations 10 days before the activity.
- 50% of the total amount of the booking for cancellations 4 to 9 days before the activity.
- 100% of the total amount of the booking for cancellations 3 days or less before the activity.
- Our services include Public Liability Insurance and Accident Insurance. Public Liability Insurance Policy No. 1200050146, and Accident Insurance Policy No. 1300000361, taken out with the Berkley insurance company. The Accident Insurance Policy does not cover people above the age of 65 years. The full information about the insurance conditions and coverage is available and will be sent to any customer on request.
- Contractually, Kayaking Costa Brava is only responsible for the work performed directly by its employees and for the organisation of the activity.
- On confirming the booking, the customer expressly accepts all these General Conditions. If someone makes a booking for someone else, they accept each and every one of these Conditions on this person’s behalf.