Cala Montgó (Half day)
Acting upon the healthcare recommendations, we have temporarily cancelled some of our services, made some changes and implemented specific procedures with regard to others in order to offer the utmost safety. Measures taken in the guided outings:
- All equipment is disinfected after each use using the highly-efficient and 100%-biodegradable “OX-Virin” biocide cleaner.
- A mask should be worn at our bases at all time during reception, the distribution of material, explanations and the end of the activity. Masks will not be necessary during the actual activity in the water.
- You are advised to bring the minimum amount of material possible to the beach. It will be disinfected before it is stored in our facilities.
- The guided outings out of Tamariu are temporarily suspended (except the “Sunrise at the Cave of en Gispert” tour), as the place in question is very small and it is difficult to maintain safety distances. Nevertheless, this base (Tamariu) will continue to offer the rental service.
- The following special outings are cancelled: the combined kayak and snorkel outing, the 1-day outing from Portlligat (Cala Culip – Pla de Tudela), multi-day outings; as well as the rental of snorkel material.
- The snack provided during the guided outings will no longer be served.
Departure/Arrival: Cala Montgó (L’Escala)How to reach us
Excursion departing from Cala Montgó to the natural tunnel of la Foradada. We sail along the coast of the Montgrí, the Medes Islands and Baix Ter Natural Park, which boasts stunning limestone cliffs, small beaches and gorgeous caves, filling of meaning the name Costa Brava [The Wild Coast].
IMPORTANT: Previous kayaking experience required.
The most important sights are:
- L’espadat de la Punta Milà
- Punta Ventosa
- Cova de Baix de Cols
- La Basseta
- Cova d’en Tomàs Ras
- Tres Coves
- Cala Ferriol
- The impressive tunnel of La Foradada
Price per person
50€ (VAT INCLUDED)
Two guides-instructors, support vessel, sit-on-top kayak, paddle, jacket.
There are two different “shifts”:
Morning: from 9 am to 1 pm
Afternoon: from 3 pm to 7 pm
*minimum age required 13 years and height of 145 cm
Technical data sheet
This excursion is intended for people with some kayak experience.
We will be using individual touring kayaks or, optionally, double kayaks, which should be requested when the booking is made.
Duration: Mig dia
Distance in Km: 10,5
Nautical miles: 5,7
Time: 4,5 h
What do you need to bring?
Personal material required:
- Bathing costume
- Sun screen cream and cap
- T-shirt that can get wet
- Sunglasses with a fastening device
- Footwear suitable for water activities (that attach to your foot, such as sandals, pumps or old footwear)
- Drink to keep you hydrated (we recommend you take more water besides that which is provided in the snack)
- Change of clothes for after the activity
Hiring of the activity and Cancellation Policy
Conditions and requirements
- You must know how to swim.
- Minimum age 13 years and height 145 cm (for touring kayak excursions)
- Contact Kayaking Costa Brava first to find out the minimum age for excursions in sit-on-top kayaks.
- Weight below 120 kg; height below 2m (contact the centre if your weight and/or height is the same as or greater than those indicated).
- Minors must be accompanied by a responsible person.
- Inform Kayaking Costa Brava in advance if you have any disability, dysfunction or condition and/or any type of allergy or condition that should be taken into account to do the activity, as well as if you are pregnant, before you sign up for any activity.
- The use of life-jackets (provided by Kayaking Costa Brava) is compulsory.
- You will need to bring all the necessary personal equipment required by Kayaking Costa Brava.
- Follow the instructions of the experts/instructors at all times, both during the actual activity and in the use of technical material.
- Advance booking necessary. In order to confirm a booking, the client must make a down payment or else 100% of the total amount of the activity depending on the number of participants and type of activity.
- The client is responsible for travel arrangements to the departure point.
- Our activities are subject to weather conditions and to sea conditions, which means that last-minute changes may have to be made, such as changes in the point of departure for the activity or total cancellation. Kayaking Costa Brava always informs customers of any such changes in advance, either by telephone, email or a text message/voice-mail in order to secure their consent. For this reason you advised to check for mobile or email messages informing of changes; Kayaking Costa Brava cannot be held responsible for unnecessary client travel on account of not being aware of any changes.
You are advised not to bring valuable belongings to beaches (both for the rental service and for guided excursions). Kayaking Costa Brava does not have a suitable structure for the safekeeping of personal belongings and therefore cannot be held responsible for any possible loss or damage of personal material left for safekeeping.
HIRING OF THE ACTIVITY AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Rates/prices are per person (except the customised rates for groups) and include VAT. This includes the necessary technical and safety equipment: kayak, jacket, paddle and helmet (the latter if the excursion so requires), two qualified guides and a safety vessel. Any other services (accommodation, transport…) are the client’s responsibility, although they can sometimes be arranged by Kayaking Costa Brava.
- Advance booking necessary.
- On confirming the booking, the client must make a down payment or else 100% of the total amount of the activity depending on the number of participants and type of activity.
- Our activities are subject to weather conditions and to sea conditions. This means that Kayaking Costa Brava may have to change or cancel the activity, even on the actual day for which it is scheduled; in this case, the client will be entitled to a postponement of the activity or to a full refund.
- If the client cancels or changes, the following penalty criteria will be applied:
- 25% of the total amount of the booking for cancellations 10 days before the activity.
- 50% of the total amount of the booking for cancellations 4 to 9 days before the activity.
- 100% of the total amount of the booking for cancellations 3 days or less before the activity.
- Our services include Public Liability Insurance and Accident Insurance. Public Liability Insurance Policy No. 1200050146, and Accident Insurance Policy No. 1300000361, taken out with the Berkley insurance company. The Accident Insurance Policy does not cover people above the age of 65 years. The full information about the insurance conditions and coverage is available and will be sent to any customer on request.
- Contractually, Kayaking Costa Brava is only responsible for the work performed directly by its employees and for the organisation of the activity.
- On confirming the booking, the customer expressly accepts all these General Conditions. If someone makes a booking for someone else, they accept each and every one of these Conditions on this person’s behalf.