Programme for companiesActivities
Kayaking Costa Brava offers events for companies that are intended to accomplish personalised objectives and results for each client. The sea kayak is an ideal tool for promoting personal relationships and teamwork, all within a relaxed and informal environment through a water-based activity, in constant contact with nature.
The sea kayak is an ideal tool for promoting personal relationships and teamwork, all within a relaxed and informal environment through a water-based activity, in constant contact with nature and with a good time guaranteed for everyone.
This programme offers different activities that can be held in different locations:
TEAM BUILDING WITH KAYAK ON THE COSTA BRAVA: Activity to promote teamwork. Through different orienteering, skills, organisation and/or construction tasks, the group is supposed to accomplish a common goal.
GYMKHANA WITH KAYAK ON THE COSTA BRAVA: Competitive activity between teams. The participants must overcome a series of tests and difficulties in the minimum possible time. These tests are about orienteering and skills.
Locations (from where the activity can be carried out): Platja Castell, Tamariu, Cala Montgó and Portlligat. Depending on the number of participants and the time of year, the activity cannot be held in all these sites.
Duration, number of participants and other characteristics: to be arranged with the company.
Level: Easy, suitable for anyone.
During the week in April, May, June and September, depending on the availability of the booking schedule, guides and location.
The activity does not include transport to the point of departure.
Ask us for a free estimate with no strings attached.
What the activity includes:
- Technical material: kayak, paddle, jacket.
- Safety boat
What you need to bring:
- Bathing costume or trousers that can get wet.
- Sun screen cream and cap
- T-shirt that can get wet (suitable for the season).
- Sunglasses with fastener.
- Footwear suitable for water activities that will not slip off the feet (pumps or old trainers that can get wet).
- Water to keep you hydrated.
- A bite to eat (optional)
Conditions and requirements
- You must know how to swim.
- Minimum age 13 years and height 145 cm (for touring kayak excursions)
- Contact Kayaking Costa Brava first to find out the minimum age for excursions in sit-on-top kayaks.
- Weight below 120 kg; height below 2m (contact the centre if your weight and/or height is the same as or greater than those indicated).
- Minors must be accompanied by a responsible person.
- Inform Kayaking Costa Brava in advance if you have any disability, dysfunction or condition and/or any type of allergy or condition that should be taken into account to do the activity, as well as if you are pregnant, before you sign up for any activity.
- The use of life-jackets (provided by Kayaking Costa Brava) is compulsory.
- You will need to bring all the necessary personal equipment required by Kayaking Costa Brava.
- Follow the instructions of the experts/instructors at all times, both during the actual activity and in the use of technical material.
- Advance booking necessary. In order to confirm a booking, the client must make a down payment or else 100% of the total amount of the activity depending on the number of participants and type of activity.
- The client is responsible for travel arrangements to the departure point.
- Our activities are subject to weather conditions and to sea conditions, which means that last-minute changes may have to be made, such as changes in the point of departure for the activity or total cancellation. Kayaking Costa Brava always informs customers of any such changes in advance, either by telephone, email or a text message/voice-mail in order to secure their consent. For this reason you advised to check for mobile or email messages informing of changes; Kayaking Costa Brava cannot be held responsible for unnecessary client travel on account of not being aware of any changes.
You are advised not to bring valuable belongings to beaches (both for the rental service and for guided excursions). Kayaking Costa Brava does not have a suitable structure for the safekeeping of personal belongings and therefore cannot be held responsible for any possible loss or damage of personal material left for safekeeping.
Hiring of the activity and Cancellation Policy
Rates/prices are per person (except the customised rates for groups) and include VAT. This includes the necessary technical and safety equipment: kayak, jacket, paddle and helmet (the latter if the excursion so requires), two qualified guides and a safety vessel. Any other services (accommodation, transport…) are the client’s responsibility, although they can sometimes be arranged by Kayaking Costa Brava.
- Advance booking necessary.
- On confirming the booking, the client must make a down payment or else 100% of the total amount of the activity depending on the number of participants and type of activity.
- Our activities are subject to weather conditions and to sea conditions. This means that Kayaking Costa Brava may have to change or cancel the activity, even on the actual day for which it is scheduled; in this case, the client will be entitled to a postponement of the activity or to a full refund.
- If the client cancels or changes, the following penalty criteria will be applied:
- 25% of the total amount of the booking for cancellations 10 days before the activity.
- 50% of the total amount of the booking for cancellations 4 to 9 days before the activity.
- 100% of the total amount of the booking for cancellations 3 days or less before the activity.
- Our services include Public Liability Insurance and Accident Insurance. Public Liability Insurance Policy No. 1200050146, and Accident Insurance Policy No. 1300000361, taken out with the Berkley insurance company. The Accident Insurance Policy does not cover people above the age of 65 years. The full information about the insurance conditions and coverage is available and will be sent to any customer on request.
- Contractually, Kayaking Costa Brava is only responsible for the work performed directly by its employees and for the organisation of the activity.
- On confirming the booking, the customer expressly accepts all these General Conditions. If someone makes a booking for someone else, they accept each and every one of these Conditions on this person’s behalf.